The Three Pekes

The Three Pekes

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pete's Story, Part II

My friend, Kathie the dog trainer, sent me this additional piece about Pete, her beloved friend.

" …he was a comical strange and great dog to say the least. He watched everything we did…and watched the house well…he watched the kids too. He never would allow hitting with anyone. It truly bothered him. He was soooo healthy, he was drinking water in excess and I made the mistake of giving him his yearly shots, after that we noticed him drinking even more and not eating as much…now that’s not Pete. ..so I took him in and did a senior profile…the next day they wanted to keep him for a few days…I never like leaving a dog at the vets…he walked in and came out super weak. …the insulin never stabilized his sugar. I got him out on Friday and now look, I worked on him, force fed, etc.…if I had a choice I would have gone holistic..but everything happened soooo fast..

I keep crying but let me tell you…my best move was driving right over to the PET HEAVEN….i was wailing, and drove in and a woman sat me down and said…now tell me about Pete…she really took me off guard, but a strange thing happened….i calmed down and told her his story..and it inspired me to write it…Thank you."

Thanks for sharing the story of your wonderful dog with us, Kathie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment